It's easy to get lost in the BI minefield, whatever level you're at.
What is Business Intelligence?
Business Intelligence is generally regarded as the manipulation of data to provide information that the business can act on. This information is typically used in one of three ways:
- Reactively - looking for exceptions to normal business performance/behaviour and acting upon it to resolve issues arising and/or prevent future repetitions
- Proactively - analysing the information available to provide insight into how your organisation can improve. This may be to increase sales by considering how to improve an offering, reduce costs by improving logistical planning or to improve the intangible benefits that oyu can offer by adding value to what you offer your customer for a greater benefit than the cost
- Mandatory - as part of your BI suite, there may be a requirement to produce legally required reports, particularly in financial services organisations such as banking organisations where regulatory reporting is a high priority
Memap have over a decade of experience of provide all these types of intelligence and can assist you to do the same, while leaving you empowered to continue your business intelligence journey.
What we offer
Memap provide a variety of services, encompassing the full life cycle of business intelligence implementations:
- Advice on what is the right solution for your requirements by helping you to understand your requirements.
- Assessment of fit between current implementation and current requirements
- BI healthcheck to help identify information management bottlenecks
- General consultancy - an experienced consultant to come in and act as additional resource for your project
In addition to the standard offerings, we can also provide help in non-standard areas such as resource search and selection, BI overview sessions for recruiters to understand industry keywords and software and SQL script writing.
If you have any other BI-related requirements that are not listed above, feel free to contact us to discuss them.
We can also offer general hints and tips to clients through a private section of our website, with sections on data warehouse design, ETL, general SQL queries and Business Objects. Clients are also able to request work through this area which can be quoted for on a T&M or fixed price as required.
Memap has access to several experienced consultants who have over half a century of BI delivery success between them. This experience covers a range of industries, tools and technologies with multiple combinations of tools and industries. We have also worked in various locations throughout the UK, including the main economic areas around London, Greater Manchester and West Yorkshire.
All consultants have access to our partner collaboration suite, which means you will get more than just a standard contractor but for far less than the price of a larger BI house consultant.
Our main are of expertise is in the implementation of reporting solutions using SAP BusinessObjects over relational databases, including Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase. We have experience from BO3.1 over Windows 3.11 through to the latest release of SAP BO4.1 but also have experience in other tools such as Cognos as well as reporting over SAP BW and other OLAP-based technologies.